Do you have an enquiry? Contact us now


Why study internationally?

Businesses today are seeking students who have shown initiative, and who have thought outside of the box.  For a student to have gained international study and internship experiences, and exposure to over 95 student nationalities, this embraces your drive and determination as a student, and opens many opportunities for your future career.

What can I study?

Virtually any subject, however some countries are renowned to be experts in particular subject areas. Here are just a few subjects you can study, but please contact us so we can provide you with the very best impartial advice and information on subject choices.

  • International Relations
  • Computer Science
  • Information Technology
  • Media Communication
  • Information Systems
  • Management
  • Psychology
  • History

What grades will I need?

It depends on which university you are interested in attending, and what subject you would like to study.  Some of the programs are suited more to academic learners (which means you are studious; you learn well from reading books/articles etc).  Some programs are more vocational (which means you learn best by doing/practical style).  If you were to opt for an academic program, you would be expected to gain no less than 3 B grades at A level (or equivalent qualification level).  If you were seeking a vocational based program, you would need to have a minimum of 3 Cs at A level (or equivalent qualification level).

We consider each student ‘holistically’, which means it is not only your academic qualifications that are important, but taking into account your interpersonal skills, communication skills, time management, organisation, and equally as important your ‘passion’ for your chosen subject.

In addition, the ‘extra-curricular’ activities you are involved in, within and outside of school are very important for us to consider. It is this which helps shape you towards being a ‘cultured’ individual, and in turn builds important life experiences which make you an interesting person.  These activities also help you build your team communication skills and leadership skills, which are all important factors towards a future international career.

The key is to be an interesting person, by being involved in activities and clubs, and not just spend your time studying.  Of course, to study is absolutely important for your education and exam grades; but remember, you also need additional factors which educate you about life, people and in turn building experiences which help international universities and employers see a good all round student.

What subjects do I need?

Generally, we are not subject specific, unless you are considering an academic program i.e. business, economics, finance, psychology etc. Some of these programs ideally need students to have studied some elements of the subject whilst in 6th form; but it is always worth contacting us to discuss this further, as we cannot generalise. Contact us at


Does it matter what I study? (i.e. A levels / IB / BTEC / Scottish Nationals / Irish Leavers/ German Abitur)

No. As long as you have completed your full 6th form education (or full 7 years of secondary education) you are eligible to apply.

What age do I have to be to begin a program?

In respect of the Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor programs, students must be a minimum age of 17.5 years old at the outset of the chosen program.  This is because students must be 18 years of age to go out on an internship.

Do I get paid for internships?

When you take your internships in Switzerland, you have to be paid a standard monthly salary of CHF 2,172 (Swiss Francs), this is stipulated by Swiss Government Law.  When you take internships anywhere else in the world, some countries do pay, some do not, but there are not many organisations today who do not pay an intern anything.  Internships are a contract between you and a potential employer, and therefore each contract is different and must be checked carefully by you.  There are also internship officers at the campuses, who will help you with your internship applications, and can also be a useful extra pair of eyes to look through your contract to make sure you have not missed any important information.

Can I visit the university?

Yes, of course you can.  It is really important to visit a university campus wherever you are opting to study, as you will be spending at least 3 years at your chosen university, so it has to be right for you.  It is great looking through a glossy brochure, but you need to get a feel for the place; if you do not get good vibes during your visit, then perhaps that specific campus is not for you, and we can look at some additional campuses if necessary. If you want to book a visit, contact us at and we will make arrangements for you and your parent(s)/Guardian(s) to visit.

How do I apply?

Applications are direct through Burnett Global Education Ltd; and ARE NOT in the UCAS system, therefore you can still apply for the international universities alongside any UK applications.

If you wish to apply for an international university program, please contact us on for application information.


Do I live on campus?

All year 1 and year 2 students will live on campus, which is very useful, close by and you have access to all the amenities.  Most students by 3rd year opt to live off campus, where groups of friends will rent an apartment close by in the town.

Are there any scholarships/discounts available?

There are various options students may be able to tap into.  These are considered on an individual basis; therefore, it is always best to contact us direct to discuss.

Do the universities have team sports?

Fitness and team sports are really important in our lifestyles, and the international universities are no different in hosting sport teams and fitness opportunities for students.  Depending on the country you wish to study, there are a number of different sports you can get involved in. 

Each university will either have their own gym, or students will be given a membership to use a local gym.

What clubs can I get involved in?

There are so many clubs available at all universities in general.  Most university clubs are set up by students who have an interest in a topic, but no one has set an official club up yet.  Many international students bring lots of different ideas to the universities, and taking varying cultures into consideration, you may have the opportunity to learn about a topic specific to a certain country, and to which you never thought you would have had the opportunity to get involved in otherwise.

Can I get a UK student loan?

No.  Student loans are only currently available to study at mainstream UK universities.  However, this may change in the future and we are working hard to encourage this to happen.